Flippa has a strict prohibited content policy. Please note that this covers product name(s), asset name(s), brand or company name(s), business listing content, business entity name(s), user profile content; and any user interaction on the Flippa platform or with any Flippa representatives either on the Flippa platform or in any other form of communication. This also covers on-platform feedback, messaging and comments.
Hateful, threatening, sexist, racist, homophobic, obscene, profane, illegal, vulgar or other offensive language and content is not tolerated on Flippa and will result in an immediate and permanent account ban. We retain the right to make changes to banned content and behavior at any time as required.
Prohibited content includes:
- Website subdomains (i.e. example.com/site or site.example.com) are not allowed except when the assets being sold are a Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) business
- Adult or overly sexual content
- Adult products, toys and underwear are allowed but such assets cannot show prohibited content
- Spam, advertising to other assets or services,or other commercial content, including links
- Solicitous content
- Feedback not related to that sale, but to other transactions
- Personally identifiable information such as email or physical addresses or phone numbers
- Political, religious, or social commentary
- Content that is fraudulent, misleading, or deceptive
- Content that refers to a Flippa dispute or investigation
- Content making unverified performance and/or financial claims, promises or guarantees
- Statements about ‘potential’ performance can be made as long as they follow these rules: https://support.flippa.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000217435-Can-I-make-potential-revenue-claims-
- Content that contravenes another party’s Intellectual Property
- Content that contravenes another company’s legal terms
- This includes content related to the unauthorized sale of accounts on another party’s product or service
- Per our Terms of Service, all Sellers agree when creating an account and when launching their listing that they own and have the rights to sell and transfer ownership of whatever is included and mentioned in their listing description. In addition, Sellers also confirm that what they include in their listing does not contravene any other party’s terms. If a listing is later found to be in breach of this, that listing will be suspended and the Seller may be subject to additional sanctions depending on the nature of the breach
- Content related to unauthorized hacks or modifications to another party’s product or service
- Content related to illegal activities
- Weapons, imitation weapons, and weapon accessories
- Content that could possibly cause offense to a reasonable person
- Content that Flippa has deemed to be prohibited and not suitable for the Flippa Marketplace
Please also see this article regarding what apps are allowed on Flippa.
Flippa retains the right to decide what language and content meets the criteria of being ‘Prohibited Content’ and is deemed offensive. Use of such language or content will result in sanctions, up to and including an immediate removal of a business listing, removal from an auction, deletion of the auction and/or bids and classified offers; or a total and permanent ban from Flippa. This also covers on-platform feedback, messaging and comments.
If you have concerns about any listing on Flippa, please contact our Support team immediately.