All users needs to complete identity verification before making or accepting a payment on Flippa. In this article, we will see some guidelines to help you complete the identity verification process.
- How to get your ID verified
- Verification Process
- Review and Completion
- How Sumsub plays a role in ID verification
Ways to get to ID Verification
You can begin the identity verification process from the Deal Completion Area of your listing or by selecting ‘Account Settings > Verification’ while logged into your Flippa account.
- The name on your identity document must match your name provided to Flippa
- The photo provided should be bright and clear
- Position your head in the oval and follow the guidelines on the screen
- Upload a photo of the back of your ID
- All corners of the document should be visible
- All letters/characters should be clear and legible
- The identity document must be valid for at least two more months and cannot be expired
- The photo cannot be edited, including cropping or masking details
ID Verification Process
There are three steps to the ID verification process, each step is outlined below:
Step 1: Applicant data
- To start ID verification, enter your first name and last name as it appears in the ID documents that you will upload in the next step. It is important to ensure that the information that you type exactly matches the documents that you are uploading.
- On the following page, select 'Upload New Documents'.
Step 2: Proof of identity
- Select an ID type. Your options will include passport, ID card or drivers license.
- Take a photo of the ID. The photo should be bright and clear, and all corners of your document must be visible. You should also include a photo of the back side of your ID. The image/s should be more than 100kb or 300dpi.
Step 3: Liveness Verification
- Record a short video of yourself. To complete the liveness check, you will be asked to take a selfie. Press the button “Start liveness check” to start the verification.
- You will see some instructions on the screen. To finish the check, position your head following the guide on the screen. Your goal is to make sure that your face fits into the oval space on the screen. You can find some more information about the liveness check here.
Review and Completion
Before you submit the documents for review, you will be able to make edits to anything you have already uploaded. If you are happy that the information and the photos are correct, you can continue to the next page.
The system will review your documents. This process usually takes between 1 to 3 minutes, but may take up to 24 hours.
Your 'ID verification status' in the Deal Completion Area will update to a green check or tick if you have successfully completed the process.
If your status has not updated to a green check or tick within 24 hours, select 'Verify ID Now' again. This will provide you with details about why you have not passed and you will be able to upload the documents again.
Buyers and Sellers will only need to complete this process once.
If you still need more help please reach out to support here.
Flippa has partnered with Sum & Substance to verify our customers' identities. The system is GDPR, KYC and AML-compliant. You can review more about all of their security and compliance at https://sumsub.com/security-compliance/
What languages does SumSub Support?
- SumSub supports all languages in identity documents except Arabic, Farsi, and others based on the Arabic script without Latin transliteration.
- If your identity document is fully in Arabic or another unsupported language, you will need to provide a notarized translation in English.