In an effort to make Flippa a safer marketplace, all users will need to complete ID verification before completing a sale payment on Flippa. Buyers and sellers will only need to complete this process once.
You can begin the ID verification process at any time, by logging in to your Flippa account and selecting 'MyProfile'. A link to complete the ID verification will appear at the top of the page.
- Buyers and sellers will need to complete the ID verification process in order to finalize the payment for a listing.
- Buyers and sellers can complete this at any time and will only need to complete the process once.
- You can find the link to complete ID verification in the sales completion area or when you log in on your Flippa profile.
Flippa has partnered with one of the world leaders - Sum & Substance - to provide bank level security. The system is compliant with GDPR, KYC and AML. We use the service to ensure that any user on a sanction list is flagged. This is designed to protect our community.
The information (which Flippa does not have access to) is stored in Amazon GDPR compliant servers which are located in Europe. Responsibility than rests with a Data Protection Officer. Finally, the data is stored in an encrypted format on our servers which are kept at Uptime Institute classified Tier III data centers compliant with TIA-942 and PCI DSS standards. The data centers are protected technically and guarded physically around the clock by specifically audited security personnel.
You will be able to see the 'ID verification status' of the buyer and the seller in the Sales Completion Area. A green tick beside the user's name will indicate if the user has successfully completed the process. A red X will indicate that the user has not successfully completed the process.
You will not be able to proceed in requesting/making a payment in the Sales Completion Area until the buyer and seller have both successfully completed the ID verification process.
There are three steps to the ID verification process, 'Applicant data', 'Proof of identity' and 'Selfie with the proof.' In order to complete the process please follow the steps below:
- Select the green button 'Verify ID Now'
- To start ID verification, enter your first name and last name as it appears in the ID documents that you will upload in the next step. It is important to ensure that the information that you type exactly match the documents that you are uploading.
- On the following page, select 'Upload New Documents'.
- Select an ID type. Your options will include passport, ID card or drivers license.
- Take a photo of the ID. The photo should be bright and clear, and all corners of your document must be visible. You should also include a photo of the back side of your ID. The image/s should be more than 100KB or 300DPI
- Upload a selfie holding the ID you have used in the previous step. The photo should be bright and clear, and all parts of your face and document must be visible. Make sure that you show your uploaded ID next to your face in the selfie and that both your face and your ID are clearly visible.
- Ensure that you select 'Next Step' at each stage of the verification process BEFORE you select the 'Continue' button at the bottom of the page. Not selecting 'Next Step' can result in your ID not being verified.
- Finally, before you submit the documents for review, you will be able to make edits to anything you have uploaded. If you are happy that the information and the photos are correct, you can continue to the next page.
- Only select 'Continue' after you have fully completed the verification process and you are presented with a screen stating that 'The system is reviewing your documents'.
- The system will review your documents. This process usually takes between 1 to 3 minutes, but may take up to 24 hours.
- Your 'ID verification status' in the Sales Completion Area will update to a green tick if you have successfully completed the process.
- If your status has not updated to a green tick within 24 hours, select 'Verify ID Now' again. This will provide you with details about why you have not passed.
- You will be able to upload the documents again.
If for any reason your ID is not accepted or there are problems with the verification process, you will receive an email informing you of this and inviting you to try again.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are experiencing any issues or have any questions about the ID verification process.