It's now compulsory to provide proof of any revenue claims made on your listing.
The best way of providing proof is via a video walk-through.
This can be pre-recorded and added to your listing, so that potential Buyers can be confident to bid on your listing.
This article is split into 3 sections:
- WHAT do I need to record?
- HOW to record a video walk-through
- WHERE do I add it, once recorded?
Remember, if you get stuck on this process, we're here to help! You can email us anytime at [email protected]
1. WHAT you should record
For Proof of Revenue:
- You need to show yourself logging into any and all merchant accounts associated with the website you are selling.
eg. If your site tracks sales with a CMS, but collects payments through PayPal, then the video must show you logging into both your CMS account and your PayPal account.
- You also need to show us year-to-date (YTD) sales history and revenue (or longer, if available). It is not acceptable to provide just the past month. Buyers need to understand how the business has performed over time, to properly gauge what price to pay for it.
For Proof of Traffic:
- You need to show yourself logging into the traffic analytics account used to track the traffic to your site.
eg. if the site your listing uses StatCounter to analyze traffic, then you must show yourself logging into that account.
- You also need to show year-to-date (YTD) traffic statistics (or longer, if available) once you are logged into the account(s). It is not acceptable to provide just the past month. Buyers need to understand how the business has performed over time, to properly gauge what price to pay for it.
2. HOW to record a video walk-through
First, go to http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/ (both Mac and PC compatible). It should bring you to a page that looks like this:
Next, click on “Start Recording” indicated by the red arrow.
You will then be redirected to this page. Click “Record Screencast”.
You will be prompted to download the free software.
Once downloaded, click on the downloaded file and follow the installation process. Once complete, go back to http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/ and click “Start Recording".
The recorder will launch and your screen should look like this.
NOTE: Be sure check the “Webcam” Option or else the system will take screen shots
Refer to this video for a tutorial on how to use Screencast-O-Matic, including how to obscure information, how to use annotations, and how to change video file size.
3. WHERE do I add it, once recorded?
First, visit Vimeo or Youtube and add the video there as a publicly viewable link. Copy the public link.
Then, go to your listing and scroll down to "Attachments". Click the link titled “Add Attachments.”
You will be redirected to this page. Click "Upload a Video".
You can now insert the copied video link into the section titled "URL" and give it a title/description.
If you followed the steps above, you should have something that looks like this:
If you get stuck on this process, please feel free to email [email protected] and we'll help you get it done.