Verifying ownership of any asset is a vital part of the listing process. Verifying ownership of an iOS app is quite simple if you follow the steps carefully.
- Automatic Verification
- Add, “?token=<Unique Verification Token>” at the end of the support URL of your App Store listing.
- click on the "Verify via App Store Now" button in the Flippa listing process.
- Once ownership is verified, you can remove the token from the app’s support URL.
- Manual Verification
- Send a video walkthrough to our Customer Success team
We verify ownership for all properties listed on Flippa, including iOS apps. Verification helps buyers bid with confidence. It is mandatory for listing your app on Flippa.
Here are the steps to verifying ownership of your app:
NOTE: Due to recent changes made by Apple, you may need to update the version of your iOS app to be able to do this.
1. Once your listing is ready to launch, we will ask you to verify ownership of your app. Add, “?token=<Unique Verification Token>” at the end of the support URL of your App Store listing. For more information on how to edit your App Store listing, read Apple’s documentation on View and edit app information.
2. After you have pasted the Verification Token to your App Store listing, click on the "Verify via App Store Now" button in the Flippa listing process. We will then verify that the token has been placed in your app’s support URL. It can take a few hours to verify ownership of the app, so we will notify you as soon as ownership has been verified. Once ownership is verified, you can remove the token from the app’s support URL.
If we are unable to verify ownership of the application using the above steps, you can send a video walkthrough to our Customer Success team to provide proof of ownership.
Here's what you need to include:
- The URL for each page.
- You signing into your Apple Developer Account from the login page.
- The app on the 'My Apps' page.
Recommended recording tools:
- Screencast-O-Matic. Refer to this video for a tutorial on how to use Screencast-O-Matic, including how to obscure information, how to use annotations, and how to change the video file size. http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/u/h/start-recording
- Loom (Chrome Extension)
- Screencastify (Chrome Extension)